Fornebu, 12th February 2020, Ocean Yield ASA (“Ocean Yield” or the “Company”) announces results for the fourth quarter ending 31st December 2019 and preliminary results for the year ending 31st December 2019.
- Declared dividend for Q4 2019 of USD 0.1910 per share. This is the 26th consecutive quarterly dividend.
- EBITDA for Q4 2019 was USD 56.6 million and EBITDA adjusted for finance lease effects was USD 80.0 million. For the year 2019, EBITDA was USD 222.5 million and EBITDA adjusted for finance lease effects was USD 303.0 million.
- Net profit after tax for Q4 2019 was USD 9.6 million. This includes an increase of USD 7.7 million in provisions related to the decommissioning and field abandonment on the MA-field in India, where the FPSO Dhirubhai-1 was operating. The full year 2019 shows a net loss of USD 39.9 million. This figure includes impairment charges and other non-recurring items of USD 80.6 million.
- Adjusted net profit for Q4 2019 was USD 15.4 million and Adjusted net profit for the year 2019 was USD 46.0 million.
- In October, Ocean Yield acquired one, dual fuel ethylene gas carrier for a total net consideration of USD 69.75 million, with 13-year bareboat charter to Navigator Holdings Ltd.
- Also in October, two newbuilding Newcastlemax dry bulk vessels were acquired for a total net consideration of USD 84.0 million, with 13-year bareboat charters to 2020 Bulkers Ltd.
- In November, Ocean Yield acquired four LR2 product tankers for a total net consideration of approximately USD 132 million, with long-term charters to Navig8 Topco Holdings Inc.
- Also in November, Ocean Yield successfully completed a private placement of 15.9 million new shares at NOK 45 per share, raising gross proceeds of approximately NOK 717 million.
- The Company successfully completed a new, five-year bond issue of NOK 750 million in November, carrying a coupon of 3 months NIBOR + 4.25% p.a.
- During the quarter, the Company raised a total of USD 331 million in long-term bank financing related to vessel aquisitions and refinancings.
Lars Solbakken, CEO of Ocean Yield, said in a comment:
“The fourth quarter was yet another busy quarter for Ocean Yield, where we expanded the fleet with another 7 vessels on long-term charter. The fleet has now grown to 69 vessels with long-term charters to 20 different counterparties in 8 different segments, with a total EBITDA charter backlog of USD 3.6 billion at the end of the quarter.”
Ocean Yield Q4 2019 report
Eirik Eide (CFO), Tel +47 24 13 01 91
Investor Relations contact:
Marius Magelie (SVP Finance & IR), Tel +47 24 13 01 82
Ocean Yield ASA is a ship owning company with investments in vessels on long-term charters. The company has a significant contract backlog that offers visibility with respect to future earnings and dividend capacity.